MBA Information Technology Management at WGU Missouri
Our online MBA with an IT management emphasis will make you incredibly valuable in the Information Technology industry. The MBA in Information Technology Management will prepare you with the skills and knowledge to take on mid- to upper-level IT management positions in a variety of settings. You will become an advanced IT manager with the skills and knowledge to set you above the competition.
Who the program is for:
- Experienced IT professionals seeking to move into management positions and need the credentials to do so.
- Individuals with real-world experience who seek in-depth knowledge and skills in business and IT management and strategy.
- Individuals who can typically spend 15 or more hours per week on their studies.
Your Program of Study
In WGU Missouri’s online MBA in technology management program, you’ll learn the essential skills and knowledge needed to become an effective IT manager for a business. This program includes the following areas of study and completion of a capstone project.
- Managing Organizations and Leading People
- IT Project Management
- Managing Human Capital
- Global Economics for Managers
- Accounting for Decision Makers
- Ethical Leadership
- Financial Management
- Data-Driven Decision Making
- IT Strategic Solutions
Total Program: 35 Competency Units (credit equivalents)
Tuition and Fees
Basic Tuition: $3,250 per six-month term
Resource Fee: $145 per six-month term (non-refundable)
Application Fee: $65 (one time)
At WGU Missouri, tuition is charged at a flat rate once every six months. Your tuition covers the minimum "full-time load" of competency units (the equivalent to credit hours) 8 CUs is the minimum for graduate students as well as all coursework attempted in that time. For the most part, there is no limit on the number of competency units you can attempt in a 6-month term. Whether you complete more or fewer units, you are charged the same flat rate.
Tuition compares favorably to the rates of Missouri state universities. Our tuition is also typically half what other online universities charge. At WGU Missouri, you enjoy the cost savings of a nonprofit university.
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify. Learn more about financial aid
The WGU Missouri Advantage
WGU Missouri leverages Western Governors University’s unique, competency-based approach to education. This approach measures learning, not time spent in class. Your progress is based on your demonstration of essential skills and knowledge in IT management.
As a WGU Missouri student, you’ll receive a top-notch education through a curriculum, learning resources, mentoring, and student services provided by Western Governors University. This means you’ll enjoy the advantages of:
- Superior learning resources. You'll have access to all of Western Governors University’s courses of study, learning modules, e-textbooks, tutorials, and simulations as you complete your program.
- Personal support from a dedicated mentor. You'll have the support of a mentor who will be your guide throughout your WGU Missouri program.
- Online communities from Missouri and WGU's national student community. You’ll be able to take advantage of our robust student community and interact with students from both within Missouri and from all over the country.
- Flexible online degrees that fit your lifestyle. Learning can occur anywhere and anytime. You'll be able to establish the pace at which you complete your rigorous program and create a schedule that works for you.
One of the best values in Missouri higher education, WGU Missouri will enable you to earn a relevant degree on your schedule and within your budget.
Time to Completion
How long it takes for you to complete your program will vary. Because WGU Missouri is competency-based, the pace at which you complete your program depends on how quickly you are able to take and pass the required assessments. Many students are able to proceed faster than the normal pace (described below) designed into each program. But doing so isn’t easy.Standard Time to Completion: 2 years.
Speak to an Enrollment Counselor for a personalized estimate of your time to completion.
WGU Missouri Admission Process
To enroll in a WGU Missouri online MBA degree program, you must:
- Be a Missouri resident and provide proof of residence.
- Possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university.
- Submit a resume showing at least three years of significant professional experience.